Is your Cat Getting Enough Water?
Chances are that the answer is no. Some cats are very particular about their water location and will limit their intake if they aren’t happy with their options.
Here are some tips
- Feed a moisture-rich food, such as canned or raw.
- Place water bowls away from food bowls, in multiple locations throughout the house.
- Always use shallow glass or food-grade ceramic dishes. Cats don’t like their whiskers rubbing the sides of the bowl.
- Since cats prefer moving freshwater, try a pet fountain.
- Change water daily and don’t forget to clean each time you fill.