- I was feeding Performatrin: Now what do I do?Large chain stores and online retailers such as Pet Valu, Chewy, Pet Smart, Costco and Petco have their own ‘in-house’ brands of dog food to help build customer loyalty. In reality all these ‘house brands’ are essentially a mimic on top selling pet foods under their private label or “house brand”. Their product is a literal copycat of top-selling foods in the marketplace and does not provide anything more superior to what is available to your local pet store. Sales associates are trained to direct consumers to their house brand because they make more money by selling you their brand. Read More
- The Big Miss: Is No-Hide® Actually Rawhide?
A ‘consumer advocate’ recently stirred up drama from July 2017 re-circulating an article (figure 1) claiming that Earth Animal No-Hide® treats were rawhide, again. This was on the heels of the announcement of a class-action lawsuit (figure 2) against Earth Animal Ventures (EAV) questioning the ingredients and sourcing of No-Hide® products. I didn’t think I would have to address this issueRead More
- Nutrition Exposed: Is Your Food Adequate?
You’ve likely been told to focus on the top 5 ingredients and the percentage of protein or fat when it comes to picking out food for your pet. While these may appear to be important, they aren’t the ideal way to pick out food. None of these factors consider what happens to ingredients when they are processed and enter a dog or cat’s body. Believe…Read More
- Revealed: How to switch your cat’s food successfully
Switching your cat’s food can be stressful for you and your cat. Before you start there are a few important things to consider. First, set…Read More
- Is Your Pet’s Healthy Food Being Served in a Toxic Bowl?
Pet Parents are spending a great deal of time and money to ensure they are serving the healthiest foods to their pets. However, when it…Read More
- 5 Questions Pet Owners Can Ask to Improve Pet Food
Hint: It’s not what you think What if I told you that it’s highly likely that the pet food you are feeding your cat or…Read More